Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One Good Workout

I feel like I find myself in a lot of situations that involve phrases like, "This is the first time I've ever seen anything like that." or "I've been working this job a lot of years and you are the only person this has ever happened to."
I heard a whole variety of phrases like this today.
There I was, at the Fieldhouse, on the treadmill, running along listening to Missy Elliot bust a beat on my Ipod.
Little did I know Missy would be the last to ever get the privilege of blasting though my headphones.
Somehow my Ipod fell from the safety of it's cubbyhole in the dock of the treadmill onto the belt of the treadmill. 
Embarrassed I hit the big STOP button and jumped to the ground trying to find my Ipod. I was sure if I was quick I could grab it and get right back to running with no one even noticing what I had done.
Unfortunately, I was wrong.
I couldn't find where my Ipod had landed. Some nice girl on the treadmill next to me stopped her workout and said she had seen it go under the belt. Panicked I started feeling around on the belt hoping I could find it and pull it lose. No luck.
Then I spotted it.
That's right it was wedged between the belt and the base, tight up against the corner.
I tried to pull it out, as did the nice girl on the treadmill next to me, but it would not budge. 
Not even a wiggle of hope. 
After this there was lots of "Oh wow, it got stuck there?" and "Hmmm that's a new one."
Eventually Bob the maintenance man had to show up and take care of the job. Que more "I've never seen that." and "I've been here a lot of years."
Bob didn't want to spend hours taking the whole treadmill apart and there was already a good pile of broken glass on the floor, indicating the death of my Ipod, so I gave him the ok to rip it out with his pliers. 
She suffered an untimely death but man did we have a lot of good years together. 
She will be missed. 

6 comments:

Emily said...

I'm crying and shaking my head. Crying from laughing at how ridiculous this is and shaking my heading knowing I shouldn't be laughing. I thought maybe we could save her and then I saw the pictures, utter destruction. Two words wow kazow.

Valerie said...

I, too, was going to say wowie kazowie before I read Emily's comment.
You'll have to hit Pat up for a replacement. Good luck!

Karli said...

ohh morgan. i'm still so shocked by the damage done. i'm sorry for your loss! that last picture kills me! poor ipod. borrow mine whenever.

Pat said...

No go from Pat . Sorry

ashley said...

I will cry for you okay? that is SO sad!

Kimberly said...

Send it back to Apple and see if they will "refurbish" it for you. Those Apple Cats seem to have a good sense of humor, if you tell them the whole story - I bet they wouldn't leave you stranded . . .